Tuesday, 22 January 2013

Thank You Presenters!

Hello everybody!

In this post, I will talk about last week's presentation done by my students. To be honest, after few presentations, I admit that I got so frustrated as the students were not interested to present about their work. And yes, I did cry since I don't know what else to do in order to make them realize that communication, especially verbally is very important especially for their academic and occupational success. But I also believe in good things will come for those who wait patiently. :). I am so much satisfied with last week presentation done by my students.


As for my second semester students, they never fail to surprise me. They made spaghetti carbonara  and Milo Tabur. Milo Tabur is ALWAYS AND FOREVER will be my favourite drink. We had a lot of fun cooking and eating together in class and I can say that it is no longer an English class, but it is more to cooking class. I salute their effort to prepare such meal though I ended up 'sakit perut'. But it is a good job and most importantly is, all of them had fun during the lesson and at the same time be able to practice their English.

However, I am more excited with the presentation done by my part three students. All of the three pairs presented about topic that closely related to my interested and very informative not only to me, but also their friends. The first pair, which is LIONEL and DENNEY were talking about their home town which is Sarawak and Sabah respectively. I always love Borneo and I ve been to Sarawak but not Sabah. After listening to Denny's presentation, yes I felt like booking my flight ticket to Sabah straight away and stay there for a week or two to go to places that he mentioned.  

The second presentation was done by HASNUL and FIRDAUS. Well, it is a bit dull at the beginning but when ANOL started to do his demo about techniques to play BOWLING then the rest of the students were started to be responsive and asking questions. There was an active participation by most students and I like that  learning atmosphere. 

Finally, presentation by HAFIZI and THALHA. I can say that their presentation was the best presentation so far. Not only that the topic chosen was very informative but the fact that they were fully prepared. I like doing outdoor activities and by listening to their presentation regarding PARAGLIDING, I desperately want to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The video really inspired me to go for it and FLY! Overall, I like their presentations and I hope that the rest of the classmate also enjoy it to the max and get benefit out of last week's presentations

Before I end my class last's week, HAKIM surprised me when he came out with topic for his friends to write in their blog which is bamboo as structural building. It is a new invention that the students can think of and sell their thoughts for the betterment of the other people. 

All in all, I enjoy last week's presentations and I DO HOPE THAT MY STUDENTS SHARED THEIR THOUGHTS OVER TOPIC PROPOSED BY HAKIM and let us learn and share information.:) Have a nice day and I see all of you when I see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment